PCT Survey 1:
Pilot Study of the Provision of Homeopathy by PCTs
Results for those PCTs providing homeopathy
Question A: How can a patient access such treatment?
Of the 4 PCTs which provide homeopathy, all provide access through GPs or Consultants. However some of those PCTs stating that they do not provide homeopathy also stated that it was available from GPs themselves or through a committee assessing individual cases. Taking into account the information about access from all the PCTs surveyed
- 7 PCTs (26.9%) actually provide homeopathy, of which:
• 4 through referrals (15.4%)
• 3 through direct prescription by GPs (11.5%)
- 12 PCTs (46.2%) provide homeopathy only through a special committee assessing individual cases.
- 1 PCT (3.8%) does not appear to provide homeopathy in any circumstances.
- 5 PCTs (19.2%) provided no information about access.